The Weald Charitable Trust is a registered charity which receives its funds through donations from parents of current students and some former pupils. The donations made by them are then largely used to provide facilities not normally provided by the Local Authority.
We have made some changes in how funds are distributed. Student council representatives now prioritise issues that they feel need attention in the school and present these ideas to the trustees. Students have been keen to target areas which maximise the numbers of students who will benefit directly.
Where has the money been spent?
- 30 Motic Student Advanced Microscopes with high quality optics and a 360 degree rotating head
- New cameras for the Art department which will benefit all students, especially in years 7-9
- Replacement match kit for years 7, 8 and 9 to replace ten year old kits
- 2 new sets of football kits, to replace 14 year old kits
- 10 tents for our Duke of Edinburgh Award groups
- Lighting truss for Drama productions
- Leotards for our Gymnastic Team
- A large number of new picnic benches for use around the site
How can you contribute?
Parents/Carers can make a contribution to The Weald School Charitable Trust using ParentPay with your unique login and password. ParentPay is our preferred single donation option as it is a real time transaction and saves on administration for the school. To make a donation you need to select The Weald School Charitable Trust as the service name on the ParentPay website. Alternatively you may wish to set up a standing order with your bank using the form attached. Donations via a regular standing order mean that we have a known income coming into the Trust each month which would help with our future planning.
As a registered charity we are entitled to claim Gift Aid on donations. Gift Aid declarations enable us to generate an additional 25p for every pound you donate (at no extra cost to yourselves). So if you are a UK taxpayer please consider Gift Aiding your contribution. If you have donated by ParentPay and are a UK tax payer we would urge you tick the consent box so that we can claim back the tax you have paid.
We ask families to consider donating £25 per family as a single yearly donation, and parents are able to donate as a single donation through ParentPay.
Thank you for support
The Weald School Charitable Trust