Teaching Staff Vacancies
TEACHER OF MODERN FOREIGN LANGUAGES Full time or
Part-Time(Teachers Main Pay Range / Upper Pay Range)
For January 2019, we are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, talented and committed teacher of Modern Foreign Languages, on a full time basis, although there may be an option to appoint on a part-time basis.
The Weald is an outstanding, high achieving, popular and oversubscribed 11-18 comprehensive school, situated in the heart of the Sussex countryside. The school has an excellent record of academic and pastoral achievement and we pride ourselves in creating a caring and respectful ethos where every child is important. The school was judged to be “Outstanding in all areas” by Ofsted in November 2013. Progress 8 results place us in the top 5% of schools nationally.
- Be well qualified as an MFL teacher, with Qualified Teacher Status
- The ability to teach Spanish is essential
- The ability to teach Spanish at KS5 would be an advantage
- The ability to also teach French or German would be an advantage
- Be able to engage pupils and achieve excellent results
- Have excellent organisational and ICT skills
- Have the capacity to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Have a passion for MFL and the ability to share this with young people
- Share good practice in order to contribute to The Weald’s commitment to high quality Teaching and Learning.
We will offer you:
- A positive and innovative learning culture supported by staff, parents and governors
- Enthusiastic students who are willing to learn and behave well in lessons and around the school
- A professional, hardworking and supportive team of staff with the commitment to raising student achievement even further
If you relish the opportunity of working with highly motivated pupils in a supportive and stimulating professional environment, then The Weald School would welcome your application.
The closing date for this post is 10am 5 November 2018. We advise you to submit your application as soon as possible as we may conduct some interviews before the closing date.
An application pack is available from the 'Work at The Weald' section of our website www.theweald.org.uk