Y7-10 Timetables Summer Term - please click here to view
Join the community quilt project - Find out how to get involved
Refund of monies - if you have received a letter from us stating that you are eligible for a refund, please click here
Login to Insight for exam results from 8am - (Y12 & 13 - Thursday 13th August) and (Y10 & 11- Thursday 20th August) click for more info
The Weald School uniform policy requires that the items listed below should be purchased for all students. The majority of uniform and PE items are available from our school uniform suppliers:
Core items may also be available from other school wear suppliers, but they must be compliant with the school uniform policy.
We know many of you are getting prepared for your child’s return to The Weald School and are keen to get their uniform organised. We are pleased to inform you that both of our suppliers, Broadbridges & Sussex Uniforms, will be reopening their shops from 15th June 2020. Both are taking online orders as well.
The new PE Kit (Optional for Y8-11 but compulsory for Y7 in September) and the new skirts will be available to order shortly. If you have any queries regarding ordering your child’s uniform then please do call either of our uniform suppliers or use the live chat function where available on their websites. Both suppliers are keen to assist parents with this.
The school expects and encourages every student to look smart at all times. Students are expected to present with: natural and tidy hair, no extreme styles or colours. Examples of these would include styles which are shorter than a grade 2 and those which are short on the sides or back and then stepped into a longer length on top. 'Steps', 'ridges' and patterns are not appropriate for school.
No nail varnish or acrylic nails. Natural and discreet foundation is acceptable but eye make-up and lip make-up is not suitable or necessary for school. This includes coloured in eyebrows. Eyebrows should be natural and not coloured. It is the school's judgement on whether these expectations have been met. If in any doubt always check with your Head of House before making any changes. It is vital for all property to be clearly marked with the student’s name. In this way, lost property can be traced.
Jewellery is limited to one plain watch and one small pair of gold or silver studs. These should be in the ear and not in the part of the ear that attaches to the face (tragus or anti tragus piercing). No piercings other than the ear are acceptable. Nose and tongue studs are not permitted. Students will be asked to remove them.
All students are to wear shoes: trainers and boots are NOT allowed. Trainers are only to be worn during PE/Games lessons where appropriate. Shoes must be of a style suitable for school in plain black polishable leather-style. Brown soled, canvas or suede shoes may not be worn. Socks must be grey, black or white. An alternative would be plain grey, black or natural coloured tights.
Outer jackets may be worn when travelling to school in inclement weather but should be in addition to, and not a replacement for the school blazer. Hooded sweatshirts or tracksuit tops that cover the uniform are not appropriate outer coats.
Please note that the blazer AND polo shirt should be worn together, and the Weald jumper is to be worn in addition to the blazer, not instead of.
The possession of a sturdy school bag is strongly advised and books should be covered.
School Uniform Items
- Maroon blazer
- Maroon polo shirt with logo
- Maroon jumper with logo (optional)
- Black smart loose fitting trousers or shorts (Not jeans or chino style trousers or cargo style)
- There will be two new styles of skirt available from September in a change to the uniform. Both skirts are below the knee and both are available to order from the aforementioned uniform suppliers.
- White, black or grey socks or natural or black tights
- Plain black polishable leather or leather-style shoes (not trainers, including leather trainers or canvas shoes)
The Weald prides itself on its well-earned reputation as being a county leader in sports activities and excellence. Well-presented students are a source of pride on public display and in lessons. We are updating part of our PE Kit this coming September to a new sportswear range. The change will be compulsory for students joining us from September 2020 and will become compulsory for all students currently at The Weald from September 2022.
Current PE uniform
- PE polo top* - white with logo
- PE sweatshirt* - black with logo (optional)
- PE rugby top* - black & white reversible (compulsory for rugby wear, optional for other winter wear)
- Black tracksuit bottoms
- Black football shorts
- Rugby shorts (optional)
- Black long socks – For football, rugby & hockey
- White sports socks for all other activities
- Black cycle or football shorts
- Black Weald leggings (optional)
All items are available from our School uniform suppliers, Broadbridges & Sussex Uniforms. Items marked * can only be purchased through these suppliers but the remaining items can be purchased from other clothing retailers.
New PE Kit from September 2020
(Compulsory for new entrants from September 2020 - optional for current students until September 2022)
- PE Unisex or female fit Sports top* - Falcon G920 or, Falcon G925 in black/scarlet with logo (Compulsory)
- PE Fleece* - Falcon T100 in Black with white piping and with logo (Compulsory)
- PE rugby top* - Falcon R200 black & scarlet reversible (Compulsory for rugby wear, optional for other winter wear)
- PE Rain Jacket* - Falcon T008 in Black/Scarlet with logo (Optional)
- Black tracksuit bottoms (Compulsory)
- Black skort or shorts (Compulsory)
- Black Rugby shorts (Optional)
- Black cycle shorts (Optional)
- Black leggings (Optional)
- Black long socks – (Compulsory for football, rugby & hockey)
- White sports socks for all other activities
Items marked with * are from a new sports range and are available from our School Uniform suppliers, Broadbridges & Sussex Uniforms. All other items can be purchased from any clothing retailer as logos on these items are not required. Please remember to name all of your kit items so any missing items can be promptly identified and returned to you.
All students should bring a pair of ‘grippy socks’ or plimsolls to wear in drama lessons. Otherwise, they are expected to work in bare feet. Students wearing skirts should wear leggings or tracksuit bottoms underneath.
The required kit for this subject is PE top, black shorts, white ankle socks and indoor trainers.