Investor in Careers
The Weald is committed to achieving The Gatsby Benchmarks as set out in the government's careers strategy published in 2017.
We will endeavour to provide:
- A stable careers programme
- Learning from career and labour market information
- Addressing the needs of each pupil
- Linking curriculum learning to careers
- Encounters with employers and employees
- Experiences of workplaces
- Encounters with Further and Higher education
- Personal Guidance
- Assessment and accreditation
- The intended career learning outcomes for students are based on the National Framework and are assessed using assessment for learning (AfL) techniques within tutor sessions
We have numerous events running throughout every academic year such as:
- Careers Speed Dating
- Future Choices Fair
- Enterprise Day
After leaving Year 11, students have the opportunity to:
- Continue studying at The Weald in our Sixth Form taking subjects to advanced level through A level or equivalent courses
- Study at Sixth Form College
- Specialise in an area of study by taking a vocational course at a Further Education College
- Undertake an Apprenticeship combining learning with earning
- For some students, a Traineeship or engagement programme may be appropriate
|Destinations after Yr 11 - 2019 leavers|
|Seeking employment, education or training||1.9%|
Figures do not add up to 100% due to rounding for simplification.
Any parents/carers who would like to get involved with the Careers Department in the next academic year by sharing their expertise with regard to the world of work, we would be only too pleased to hear from you.
Please contact us via:
Ms Emma Morris - Careers Manager
Please continue to use the email address below if you have any careers related questions.
Tel: 01403 787260
Email [email protected]
This information will be reviewed in December 2020.