Please find tabs on the right hand side for current vacancies.
Why The Weald?
The Weald is a great place to work! In this section of the website, you will find information not only about our current vacancies but also about why choosing to develop your career at The Weald is an excellent choice.
The school is warm, friendly and vibrant with excellent relationships between staff and students. We pride ourselves in both our community ethos and also our commitment to excellence in every respect. Pupils are well behaved, have a very positive attitude and enjoy coming to school.
We have a strong staff training and development programme to support all stages of a teaching career. We similarly offer role-specific training and development opportunities within our support staff structure.
If you do not see a current vacancy that fits your profile, but would be keen to work for us, we welcome receiving “speculative” applications – as life moves very quickly in a school setting! Please complete an application form and send it to [email protected]
The school is located in Billingshurst, a delightful rural village lying 8 miles to the south-west of the town of Horsham, in West Sussex, England.
Some staff choose to live in the village of Billingshurst itself, whilst others take advantage of the excellent road and rail links and travel to the school from a wide range of nearby towns and villages. The school itself is very conveniently situated less than a 2 minute walk from Billingshurst railway station.
One of the significant attractions of the location of The Weald School, is that it combines the benefits of immediate access to some of the most beautiful countryside in England, whilst also being within easy reach of the some of the most vibrant and historic cities, such as Brighton, Guildford and Chichester - all reached in less than 30 minutes. The city of London can easily be reached by train in just over an hour.
For staff choosing to live in Billingshurst itself, the village Primary School is located right next to The Weald School and there is also an independently run childcare centre on site.
Leisure facilities in Billingshurst include football pitches, two cricket pitches and pavilion, a fishing lake, a “trim trail” path, a skatepark, a tennis club and a lawn bowling club. There is also an excellent leisure centre with swimming pool and gym actually situated right on the school site. School staff are eligible for discounted membership rates.
The Weald is committed to the wellbeing of our staff. Among the many benefits of working at The Weald are:
- A highly supportive community atmosphere
- A “buddy” is assigned to all new teaching staff for the first year
- Regular staff association events and activities (“cake” days; restaurant & pub based social events)
- “Staff voice” - a half termly get together with a chance to raise any issues of concern
- Weekly staff football
- Weekly staff fitness session
- Gym discount (adjoining Leisure Centre)
- Winter flu jab programme (through West Sussex County Council)
- Opportunity to be covered for motor insurance “Business Use”
- Excellent classroom facilities to support teaching & learning including interactive whiteboards, smartboards and ipads
- Personalised approach to CPD and appraisal